You Can Make a Difference
By connecting visionary donors with causes that truly matter, we’re able to invest in people, projects and non-profit organizations that make our communities stronger – now and for the long-term.
Together we can create something special that will last forever.
Use the Giftabulator® to see how you can simultaneously minimize your taxes
and maximize returns for our community.
You can make a donation by one of three options:
Mail a cheque payable to: Campbell River Community Foundation at PO Box 734, Campbell River, BC V9W 6J3
Interac e-Transfer to the Campbell River Community Foundation at email@example.com. Please also email your security answer to this email along with your name and mailing address for tax receipts.
Fill out the form below to donate via Paypal:
- Pools the charitable gifts of many donors into a permanent income earning endowment that benefits the people of the Campbell River area.
- Makes grants from the earnings of the endowment fund to support a broad variety of initiatives, from health, education, social services, to arts and culture.
- Provides leadership as a community conveyor, bringing people from all sectors together to address issues and leverage opportunities.
- A volunteer board of directors, donate their time and skill sets to lead and manage the Foundation.
- The foundation also employs a staff of two comprised of an Executive director and administrative assistant who ensure the work gets done.
An endowment fund, quite simply, is money set aside (invested) to earn revenue to fund some type of charitable activity. The principal value of the endowment fund is kept intact, while the investment earnings can be distributable dollars used for charitable grants to nonprofits. Thus, an endowment fund can be held permanently, allowing donors to support causes they care about in perpetuity.
- Establishing and endowment allows donors to support Campbell Rivers needs in a lasting way while suiting the donor’s interests.
- With considerable tax benefits an endowment fund can be an important part of your overall financial plan.
Charitable groups operating in School District 72 can apply for funding. A selection committee examines at all the applications and decides how to divide up the funds, based on the needs of the community.
Vital signs is a detailed report done semi annually that measures the vitality of our community and supports action towards improving the quality of life. View the 2018 Vital Signs here.