Application for Neighbourhood Small Grant Open March 15th 2022March 6, 2022
Applications for a Neighbourhood Small Grant are open from:
March 15th to April 29th, 2022
A Neighbourhood Small Grant of $50 to $500 will help you to carry out “Community Acts of Kindness” through projects that build and strengthen our community and neighbourhoods. Share your skills, your language, your music, your art, your hobbies! Share your knowledge from elders to youth and from youth to elders and across all generations and across all cultures. The possibilities of connections are endless!
PROJECT THEMES could be, but are not limited to:
– SHARING THE ARTS by holding a Neighbourhood musician’s event/jam session in the park or Host an art workshop.
– CELEBRATION OF INDIGENOUS CULTURE AND LANGUAGE by hosting an Indigenous cultural event such as a cedar weaving workshop or a presentation on how traditional foods are harvested and prepared or preserved.
– SHARE SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE ACROSS GENERATIONS through projects where youth teach seniors how to use tech devices or seniors teach youth how to knit or garden.
– GROWING AND EATING LOCAL FOOD by hosting a Mushroom growing workshop, community garden work bees, neighbourhood workshops on how to compost an grow the best vegetables.
– YOUTH-LED PROJECTS such as youth journaling project interviewing seniors to capture the stories of their life and adventures; reading buddy program when youth reading to younger children and/or to seniors.
– DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION by hosting Parking lot BBQ for your townhouse complex or inviting all residents, organize a Mom’s and Tots Event, or host a 2SLGBTQIA+ Pride Event.
Everyone has gifts and ALL ideas are GREAT ideas!
For more information, help with your project idea,
or help to complete and submit your application please contact:
Gwen at firstname.lastname@example.org or (250) 201-3757